Different users on the Kirby Buckets Wiki have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, some users can access a few additional functions. The wiki's administrators are trusted with special user rights, and they enforce the rules. Along that are bureaucrats, which are the head admins of this wiki, and the ones who can promote users to admins and bureaucrats. If you wish to become an administrator or rollback, you can talk to a bureaucrat on their message wall. If you wish to become a moderator or chat moderator, any admin can promote you, so you can leave a message on their message wall. You can find out more at Special:ListGroupRights.
Bureaucrats and administrators
Bureaucrats have the ability to promote and revoke rollback, moderator, chat moderator, and administrator rights as well as appointing new bureaucrats.
Administrators are trusted users who have access to the following tools:
- All privileges from the moderator, chat moderator, and rollback groups.
- Delete and undelete pages, as well as delete images, files, and comments.
- Rename files.
- Lock (protect) both a page and a file so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wikia from editing, etc.
- Grant and revoke both the chat moderator rights and forum moderator rights.
- Edit the wikia's skin and format.
- Edit MediaWiki pages.
wall • contributions
Founder • Bureaucrat • Administrator
wall • contribs
Rollbacks, moderators, and chat moderators
Anyone can revert vandalism and bad-faith edits, but it takes a couple of clicks in the page history to get it done. Rollbacks are able to undo bad edits with one click, by using the rollback link on diff pages, user contributions list, or the list of recent changes.
Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage thread conversations in the Forum and Message Wall features. These tools are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
Chat moderators are users who have chat moderator status in chat in order to moderate the wiki's chat room. They are able to block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin unbans them from the users' contributions page, or if the ban expires. They can also use the "kick" option, which kicks the user out of the chat but allows them to come back.